Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MINTEMP

Posted by fastfourier 
MINTEMP
February 16, 2014 12:39PM
Hi everyone,

I've tried recompiling the Marlin firmware with the four MINTEMP defines set to 0 but I'm still getting "MINTEMP triggered" error messages.

My question is - does this set the minimum temperature to 0°C or disable it? It's about -10°C in my lab, and at the moment I'm using the heat gun method to get the thing started!

I've also tried setting those defines to -15 but no luck.
Re: MINTEMP
February 17, 2014 03:26PM
The MINTEMP setting sets the measurement below which it thinks your sensor is broken. You could set MINTEMP below the last entry in your thermistortables.h to make it never trigger.

Many of the thermistor tables in Marlin don't go past zero. If your lab is -10°C, then you should make sure the thermistor tables you are using go below the expected environment, and set MINTEMP appropriately.

You could add a {1023*OVERSAMPLENR, -273} line to [github.com] and set MINTEMP to -20 or so, or you could measure the volts at a few relevant temps and put in a few {1023*volts*OVERSAMPLENR/5, temperature } entries in there.
Re: MINTEMP
February 18, 2014 11:41PM
Great info DaveX, thank you very much. I'm away from the printer at the moment but I'll take a look at this next week. I'll let you know how I get on!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login