Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier host can't see Marlin F/W

Posted by s1000rr 
Repetier host can't see Marlin F/W
January 26, 2014 12:16AM
Hey guys,

Newbie here building his first 3D printer and I've run into a problem that I can't figure out. I had compiled Marlin F/W, uploaded it to my Azteeg X3 and was able to jog axes with Repetier. I then made a settings change for steps/mm, speed etc... When I compiled and uploaded this time, Repetier did not detect the firmware and after several retries the problem persists. I then uploaded Repetier F/W and it gets detected in Repetier Host. Further attempts with compiling and uploading Marlin have produced the same result, no detection of f/w or ability to job axes. Any ideas?

Setup:
- Azteeg X3
- Repetier Host (latest)
- Marlin F/W (latest)
- Repetier F/W (latest)

Thanks
Sebastian
Re: Repetier host can't see Marlin F/W
January 27, 2014 12:28AM
Found the problem!! For some reason I have to put the com port as 0 in the config file even though I'm using com port 3 for communication. Don't know why this solved the problem but I've been able to make changes and upload them without any problems since making that fix.

Cheers,
Sebastian
Re: Repetier host can't see Marlin F/W
January 28, 2014 02:18PM
s1000rr
Found the problem!! For some reason I have to put the com port as 0 in the config file even though I'm using com port 3 for communication. Don't know why this solved the problem but I've been able to make changes and upload them without any problems since making that fix.

Cheers,
Sebastian

"Why" is because your Azteeg uses the ATmega2560's serial 0 on pins 0,1 for communication to your COM3 port on your PC side of things. Setting the firmware's config file to com port 3 would make it try to do communication through the pins connected to the LED and the Y-min endstop.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login