Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting the configuration from the board

Posted by Borre 
Getting the configuration from the board
December 14, 2013 10:34AM
Hi

I bought a Prusa Mendel i3 Kit forum reprapuniverse.com. To save some trouble I ordered the board soldered and tested. The board came firmware installed and tested. The board works but the motors run only into one direction and can't figure out how to fix it.. Since Marlin was already installed to board I don't know if there is something wrong with the configuration. I figured that I have to install Marlin myself so I know exact configuration of the board.

However I would like to know the current configuration and not calculate everything and possible make some errors. I can't get replies from the vendor so I figured if there is a way to show current settings from the board. I can connect to it fine but I don't know if this is possible and what commands to use. Some of them are shown when I connect Prointerface but not all.

BR

Borre
Re: Getting the configuration from the board
December 15, 2013 01:13AM
You can get SOME of the configuration parameters with the M503 command. Most configuration options, however, are compiled into the code and cannot easily be obtained from the arduino. You'd need the marlin source code that went into the compilation in order to get that. You might do better by checking with the kit vendor.
December 15, 2013 05:01AM
That is what I was afraid of. Thanks for your reply. I try to get answers from there.
December 15, 2013 05:12AM
How stupid am I? I looked at the reprapuniverse.com and they actually had the Marlin there to download smiling smiley That problem is solved...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login