Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer Doesn't Recognize Y Endstop State Change

Posted by Rubidium86 
Printer Doesn't Recognize Y Endstop State Change
May 29, 2013 10:53PM
Hello all...I am new to 3D printing and I have an issue I was hoping to get some advice on.

I have recently bought a Durbie Prusa Mendel kit from Romscraj. I am using a "Gen 6.d" control board, a modified marlin firmware from here: https://github.com/romscraj/Marlin, and pronterface. I have finally got my motors moving, but the y-enstop won't stop the y motor when it is depressed. The kit uses PCB mounted mechanical endstops. The endstop has an LED on it, which is lighting up properly when depressed. When I use the M119 "enstop status" function in pronterface, however, the other two endstops will change state as expected but the y endstop will not (i.e. returns "y_min:L" whether depressed or not).

I have tried the following troubleshooting:
* Put y-endstop and cable in the x-endstop's plug: the endstop stopped x axis movement as expected
* Put x-endstop and cable (which works correctly for the x axis) in y-endstop plug: depressing endstop would not stop y axis movement (in either direction).
* I fumbled around with a multimeter on the board: Only the middle of the four posts showed continuity between them, which is the same as what I read on the two functioning endstop connections.

Based on this, I can only conclude that there's either an issue with my control board (which I was not able to find w/ my limited understanding of electronics) or there's an issue with my firmware (again, which I wasn't able to recognize with my limited understanding of programming). Any advice?
Re: Printer Doesn't Recognize Y Endstop State Change
May 30, 2013 02:07PM
Does sound a bit like your board is playing up.
I have the same board so maybe post your config.h file and ill compare it to mine then at least you can discount that from the "investigation"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2013 02:08PM by bigfilsing.
May 31, 2013 07:30AM
FYI...it turned out to be a firmware issue. Bigfilsing was gracious enough to share a newer copy of the firmware with me and the y endstop has been working correctly once the new firmware was uploaded.
June 11, 2013 08:00AM
Im having the same issue also. I have the same Gen 6 board from Romscraj. Can you guys send me a copy of your firmware? Also what version of Arduino are you using? Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 08:02AM by bigdlou.
June 11, 2013 08:54AM
PM sent
November 05, 2013 03:43AM
Hi, I have the exact same problem with my schools 3d-rinter, and we use the same gen6 card from romscraj. Could you guys send me a copy of your firmware as well?

Thanks smiling smiley
November 25, 2013 09:02PM
What was the firmware? Having the same problem as well. Was it an issue with the pins.h file?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2013 10:26PM by cylee4.
November 28, 2013 10:25PM
I am also having the same problem. Anyone care to share the updated firmware? Many thanks!
November 28, 2013 10:43PM
Hi guys
Note ...this isnt updated firmware !! Its simply the firmware that works on my Gen6d on my printer. thats it

For me it works using Arduino 1.0.2 which you can grab from my shared folder
bigfils arduino folder

And my firmware is here
bigfils marlin firmware for Gen6d

Use it at your own risk and check all calibration once installed

Good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2013 11:06PM by bigfilsing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login