Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Axis unable to change directions

Posted by TheWyliestCoyote 
Axis unable to change directions
January 07, 2012 05:58PM
I have just set up my first reprap, using RAMPS 1.4 and a mega2560. The problem I am having is my x-axis seems to want to travel in only 1 direction. I have tried sprinter and fiveD and this seems to have no effect on the problem. For hosts I have used replicatorG, ponterface, and the reprap host software with no effect. I have checked conductivity of the arduino to the stepper driver and I even re-soldered all the relevant joins. I have relabeled the pins in the firmwares to use other stepper drivers with no effect. However when I use my own code to toggle the step pin and the direction pin, the axis functions with out problem.

I am loosed as to what is going on with this. I think I have narrowed it down to the firmware I think.

Thanks

The WylieSt coyote in the west
Re: Axis unable to change directions
January 08, 2012 10:43AM
Either attach your MIN end stop (properly) or disable it in the firmware.
In any case, in 99% of the causes movement in only one direction is caused by an endstop problem.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Re: Axis unable to change directions
January 10, 2012 10:45PM
Shortly after my post the X axis stop working all together. The solution was a combination of things. First thing was the wires on the stepper motor where of a different color scheme then the other motors, would not have seen that coming but easily fixed. The second was a combination of switching R2 and R3 on the opto end stop 2.1 and firmware. This being fixed made the firmware much easier to figure out.

Thanks,

The WylieSt coyote in the west
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login