Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin serial errors

Posted by Sublime 
Marlin serial errors
February 20, 2012 04:49AM
I decided to use Marlin on my new machine but I am running into the same problems that lead me to use Teacup and Xon/Xoff in the first place.

Every time I try and use a graphic interface Pronterface, ReplicatorG to send data I can never finish a build except for a cube. The machine just stops and does nothing. I get no information to indicate the issue and pausing un-pausing does not free the machine. Further more I can not jog the axis afterwards until I force pronterface closed and reset the motherboard.

I am using

R.A.M.P.S. 1.2
Pronterface (feb 19 2012 commit)
Marlin 1.0 (feb 19 2012 commit)
Linux Mint 12

Baud set to 115200

Does anyone have a solution other than SD card?

Could someone implement Xon /Xoff in Marlin? The print quality and speed are great I just can't finish anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2012 04:52AM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Re: Marlin serial errors
February 23, 2012 04:47AM
Have you tried increasing the baud rate to 250k? That did the trick for communication errors on my sanguinololu at least.

Perhaps you can try out pronsole.py or printcore.py directly to narrow down the problem. Also, if you run pronterface.py from the console, you will see more error messages than what pops up in the GUI.

I'm no linux veteran, but my printers run fine from my xubuntu box, so perhaps it could be a serial driver problem?

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
Re: Marlin serial errors
February 23, 2012 02:14PM
I borrowed a Arduino Mega 2560 to replace my 1280 last night and the problem went away. So it was either a bad Arduino or an issue with the FTDI chip.

Thanks for the tip about running it from terminal that may show me what the issue is with the 1280.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login