Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Speed differences in Sprinter

Posted by Albert384 
Speed differences in Sprinter
January 11, 2012 08:31AM
Dear all Reprapers,

I have some issues with pronterface and skeinforge while printing.

When I set the speed and move my axes with pronterface buttons, I can easily change the moving speed of my reprap.
But when i launch a print, the speed is always the same and is much more faster than the one i have chosen in pronterface.

Does anyone had the same issues ? Or any ideas to fix it ?

Best regards,

albert.
Re: Speed differences in Sprinter
January 11, 2012 08:37AM
The speed in pronerface has nothing to do with what speed an object is created.
There you have to set the speed settings in skeinforge BEFORE you generate the gcode.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
January 11, 2012 08:43AM
rhmorrison Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The speed in pronerface has nothing to do with
> what speed an object is created.
> There you have to set the speed settings in
> skeinforge BEFORE you generate the gcode.

Do you mean I go in Settings->skeinforge Settings. And I change the speed in it ?
Because the speed I read in it is the same than the one i choose in pronterface.
January 11, 2012 08:47AM
And did you create the .gcode file that you want print again after changing these settings?

The speed is encoded in the .gcode file that is created by Skeinforge using the settings at the time that the file was created. Changing the settings does not do anything for already existing .gcode files, they must be recreated every time that you make a change to the Skeinforge settings.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
January 11, 2012 08:54AM
Yes, that's what I did, i changed the speed and then generate the gcode. But still, the speed is the same...around 500 mm/sec I think.
That's weird, anyway thank you for your answer. I will try to re-install pronterface, SFACT etc.. to see if the problem is still here.
January 11, 2012 10:54AM
i think skien forge does in mm/sec pronterface 4000mm/m is 4000/60=66.7mm/s. you are better off limiting max speed in firmware with sprinter.skein is a bit buggy especially with z axis speed. if you limit speed in skein look for limit tab
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login