Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[solved] cant move z with sprinter firmware

Posted by zg_bot 
[solved] cant move z with sprinter firmware
January 08, 2012 03:55AM
i am using pronterface and a mac.

i have installed and configured the sprinter firmware with a ramps 1.2 board and mega1280's. everything works (x+y motors and home switches, HBP temp/bed, nozzle temp/bed and extruder motor. I cant figure out what to change in the firmware to get the Z axis to move. I am not getting any motor noise at all. SD ramps is commented out in the firmware, i have tried with it on (with sd card plugged in) and off (with no sd card board plugged in)

things i have tried.
replaced entire electronics (have 3 ramps setups)
replaced steppers
moved stepper to the x and y socket and plugged z motors into that and they work perfectly
used x and y steppers anb plugged into z motors and the z works perfectly
adjusted the current on the stepper drivers (all the ones that i tried when plugged into the Z motors)

i know the stepper and the motors work, there is only one hardware thing i can't test and that is if i screwed up soldering the z axis on 3 different ramps boards. no movement or noise from the motors when any of the ramps are used.

anyone have any idea what i am missing or doing wrong? is there something in the pins configuration file that needs to be changed?

also when is the green light on the ramps board supposed to go on? I may have soldered the led's in backwards on all my boards because i have never seen it light up.

thanks for any help.. been stumped on this one for a while.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 12:02AM by zg_bot.
Re: cant move z with sprinter firmware
January 08, 2012 11:49PM
Hi ZG Bot,

I had a similar problem first time out and it turned out that I had my Z end stop plugged into the wrong set of pins.
I had only 3 end stops and I had the Z min plugged into the z max.

Hope it's that simple for you.

Windcatcher
January 10, 2012 01:21AM
thanks, tested out the z endstop and it works when its plugged into the X and in the Y (it stops the travel of the printer)

it also works when i plug the z motor and z endstop into the X stepper driver (and works when the z stepper board is in the X stepper socket)

all the parts are confirmed working. its something in the firmware that is not working. I get the same results when working on 3 separate Ramps boards.
January 10, 2012 12:41PM
is there anywhere else that i can get some help on this issue besides this forum? i dont have any strange configuration or parts in terms of the machine, i have tested all my hardware and it all works. I have the same problem on 3 separate machines. I have not changed anything except a few variables in the configuration file (board type, thermisistor types, endstops etc.)

where do i go from here? do i have 3 brand new door stops?
January 10, 2012 07:53PM
is there any kind of test code for ramps 1.2 boards like i just found for ramps 1.4 boards?
January 11, 2012 11:03AM
[reprap.org] v1.4
[reprap.org] v1.2

There is some discussion that arduino ide should be version .18 for sprinter to work correctly. also version 1.2 seems like it recommends tonokip fork.

or

[github.com] which looks to be sprinter firmware. you will need to set configuration.h for board used. pinouts are in the link above, make sure they match
January 11, 2012 11:18AM
thanks i will try that out tonight
January 12, 2012 12:01AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login