Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3DXNano conductive carbon nanotube filament, resistance?

Posted by Dejay 
3DXNano conductive carbon nanotube filament, resistance?
May 17, 2014 04:14PM
Hello,

I'm new here so I hope this is the right place, else please move to another section. Sorry / Thanks.

I just found this article about 3dxtech.com releasing a conductive carbon nanotube filament:
[3dprint.com]
[3dxtech.com]
$62 for a kg.

Anyone can explain to me what "Target conductivity for 3DXNano™ ESD ABS: 10(7) ohm/sq surface resistivity" means?
Is that "107 Ohm * Meter" (on a 1 square meter block)?
From what I read on wikipedia, conductivity is the inverse of resistivity, and both are usually defined by ohm and meters.
Does that mean 1 cubic meter of the stuff would have 100 MOhm?

[en.wikipedia.org]

PS: This article [www.plosone.org] says about "carbon black" that:
"The measured resistivity of the composite in-plane with the layers was 0.09±0.01 ohm m−1"
Which confuses me further since the unit given on wikipedia says Ohm * m, but I guess really it's Ohm * m / m2 which would be Ohm / m. Am I obtuse or is this confusing?

PPS: I send them an email hopefully they get back to me.

PPPS: After checking out [www.rabbitproto.com] I realize this is apparently "sheet resistance", not "bulk resistivity"...
[en.wikipedia.org]
Can someone ELI5 this for me? (Explain like i'm 5). If I print a 1cm strang of 0.4 mm thickness, how much Ohm would that be?

PPPPS: They updated the website to state that "Target conductivity for 3DXNano™ ESD ABS: 1.E7 to 1.E9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample per standard outlined in ASTM D257.".

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2014 07:08PM by Dejay.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login