Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any Experience with Igus T Series or N Series Slides??

Posted by modred 
Any Experience with Igus T Series or N Series Slides??
October 10, 2017 12:29PM
I cannot find any information on anyone 'experience' with these slide systems. Has anyone ever tried to use them or even hold them?
Is this something that could be used for axis movement?
I am thinking of a core xy build and got curious with a respectable brands super budget offering smiling smiley all in spirit of the opinions that linear guide rails are an overkill for a 3d printer (aparently)

I am thankful for any info!

what I am referring here are these positions:

N series

T Series
Re: Any Experience with Igus T Series or N Series Slides??
October 10, 2017 02:21PM
I think the N series parts are intended for curtain rods and other low precision motion duties like that. I don't think they'd be very useful in a 3D printer. The T series parts might be useable, but I doubt they come close to the performance of linear guides with ball bearing blocks.

Who says linear guides are overkill? A lot of people are building printers of all architectures with them.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Re: Any Experience with Igus T Series or N Series Slides??
October 10, 2017 05:24PM
Thanks for your reply DD. I was eyeing ebay for months hoping to see a good deal on linear bearing (genuine). Eventually I started looking at new stuff and came across igus N and Ts, and finally a great deal on IKO. so I had to ask to not feel stupid later. Had no idea its for the curtains range. Looking at their promo video of industrial machines ... well marketing eye rolling smiley
Went with wide IKO rails and blocks as I dont think I'll ever regret this decision.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login