Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motherboard change on Leapfrog creatr hs

Posted by tyros 
Motherboard change on Leapfrog creatr hs
March 24, 2017 02:39PM
Hello, I'm launching in the creation of a blog to talk about my Leapfrog creatr hs, I put the link for those that it may interest, it will evolve ...

my blog
Re: Motherboard change on Leapfrog creatr hs
March 26, 2017 02:31PM
i have the same shitprinter, with all the same problems!!
I bought this machine to print hassle-free (after building 5 printers myself)
Now i have an ultimaker 2+, what a difference! No problems, unbelievable print quality.
But, i still want to "repair" my Creator HS.
In the past, is used several boards, the Rumba was the last i used, worked fine!!
So, i read you use it in your transformation, but can't get connection wih the olimex. Wouldn't it be better to use a cheap new display like the graphic-display?
Also, what voltage is the heatbed?

Greetings,

Rudy
March 30, 2017 07:16AM
Hello and thank you for this feedback, and sorry for the delay in responding

With the Rumba board, did you manage to connect with Olimex board?
What other boards have you tried?

For now the heatbed is the original, but I have one in 220V to install.

I would like to keep the original lcd to look as much as possible to the original printer, and because it is bigger ;-)

I have an lcd12864 and if necessary I can plug it in, but I prefer the solution to connect the printer to a PC.

Best regards,

Tyros.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2017 07:17AM by tyros.
March 31, 2017 12:37AM
Hello,
I used the Rumba in other printers. Not in the Creator. So i have no experience in connecting these 2.
Just had another day of frustrations with the creator.....
Underextrusion without any "reason" (ofcourse there is a reason, just can't find it)
God, i hate this machine. Probably it will be put asside......
Because i also own a Ultimaker, i know how easy 3D printing can be......
March 31, 2017 11:20AM
Hello,

With the Megatronics V2, I managed to connect the 2 cards, but the usb chip was different from that of the Rumba.

In my case the problems of underextrusion came from step loss of stepper motors.
With the Rumba I no longer have this problem.

"God, i hate this machine. Probably it will be put asside......" grinning smiley
April 21, 2017 01:40PM
Another day with problems!!
I can not get the extruders work like they should!!! always intermittent under-extrusion.
Used the other extruder, every possible settings, removed all the panels to get a good airflow over the motherboard, i am at the end...
Think i also killed one of the drivers of my steppers (right side)...
As i use this machine at work, and working hours are not free (beside that the parts i need to print suck in quality), i will have to make a calculation what to do with it, it could be a "total loss"
grrrrrrrrr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2017 01:41PM by RudydG.
April 22, 2017 03:30PM
Hello, for me, the overheating problems in the Creatr HS are responsible for all its malfunctions.
Since the change of the motherboard by a Rumba, I again print beautiful parts (see my page above) with steppers that remain cold and therefore reliable.
It was nevertheless necessary that I rewrite the temperature table Thermistortable.h, because above 100 ° C, the temperature difference was exponential.
Since the temperatures are more realistic, and I can again print ABS.
April 22, 2017 03:36PM
Currently, I always try to connect the Olimex board with the Rumba, it's because of the compatibility of the USB drivers.
A friend helps me to solve this problem.
With a Megatronics v3.1, I think both cards should be able to connect, the drivers being the same (ftdi).
April 23, 2017 03:23AM
Regarding ABS, i found a better product, with the same caracteristics as ABS, Polymax Pla, prints just like pla (easy, no warp, fast and beatiful prints)
I use it on the creator, as well on the ultimaker.
Only 1 downside, temps are like pla, this means the parts are not as well temperature resistent as the real abs.
I use it for bigger and stronger machine parts.
Really like the products from Polymaker.

Yesterday i made the calculation for modifying the creator, and if i change the feeders, extruders (E3D), motherboard, display, and add some 20 hours of work (payed, not hobby), the leapfrog is a write-off machine.
Only counting the parts and not the working hours, it would be ok to do it, and then you will end up with a strong mechanicaly machine, fine for the bigger parts. Still no printer for small high-detail stuff.

One thing still interests me, the connection of a new motherboard to the existing display. Would be great if you and you friend found a solution for that!

Keep up the good work ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2017 03:27AM by RudydG.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login