Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help choosing stepper motors for H-bot

Posted by claustro 
help choosing stepper motors for H-bot
November 12, 2016 05:37AM
Hi guys ,
it seems I am unable to find the right motors for my new Hbot printer.
If I understand correctly I would need hig torque low induttance low inertia low amp motors...but it seems I am unable to find " the perfect one". Any help?
I am planning to go with 24 volts elettronics and a 300x 300 bed.

thx
Andrea
Re: help choosing stepper motors for H-bot
November 12, 2016 06:55AM
You may find [duet3d.com] helpful.

The 17HS19-1684S (see [www.omc-stepperonline.com]) is a popular choice and suitable for use with most electronics. If you will be using Duet WiFi electronics then you can take advantage of the higher stepper driver current rating and choose the -2004S instead with the benefit of higher torque. If you want extra positioning accuracy, you could choose the 17HM19- versions instead which are 0.9detg/step, although on an H-bot printer you probably won't see any difference.

There are other brands/models of stepper motor with specifications very similar to this series, i.e. 1.68A or 2A rated current and about 3mH inductance.

High torque and low inertia don't go together, because longer motors have both more torque and more inertia.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login