Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X Motor position

Posted by hagensieker 
X Motor position
May 21, 2016 06:58AM
Fairly new to 3D printing and doing extremely well with a RepRapGuru Prusa i3 modified with an E3D hot end and upgraded x and y components to allow for bearings instead of the plastic pulleys that came with the kit.

If you are looking directly at the printer my x motor is on the right.

I am about to upgrade with lead screws and have printed out new x components however they place the motor on the left. This is no problem for me however I can't quite work it out in my mind if this will be no issue whatsoever or if I'll have to change the home position and direction of travel in the firmware (Marlin).

Any and all help or comments welcome.

John
Re: X Motor position
May 21, 2016 01:59PM
The position of the x motor doesn't matter. If you switch sides, the direction needs to be changed by rotating the motor connection 180 degrees or inverting it in the firmware.

Currenty I have two printers. One has the x motor on the left, and the other is on the right. Both have the x min endstop on the left.
Re: X Motor position
May 21, 2016 06:38PM
Thanks. Makes sense. My end stop is on the right now and doesn't matter to me where it goes. The new X fittings for the lead screws have mounts for the motor end for the end stop. I'll use that if I can.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login