Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CoreXY+ idea / design review request

Posted by lkcl 
CoreXY+ idea / design review request
May 03, 2016 07:39PM
i posted last week in corexy before i knew that the mechanics sub-forum existed:

[forums.reprap.org]

would someone be happy to give some comments and a design review of this CoreXY+ concept? i'm curious to hear what people assess its advantages and disadvantages might be, compared to the current practice of vertical or horizontal (but never both) "H" arrangements for CoreXY.
Re: CoreXY+ idea / design review request
May 04, 2016 12:08AM
That looks like something called "quadrap". There a G+ community for it: [plus.google.com]

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
May 04, 2016 12:40PM
the_digital_dentist
That looks like something called "quadrap". There a G+ community for it: [plus.google.com]

hmmmm.... what's with the bits of stuff hanging down in a triangle.... i think it might be string and a weight to create friction! smiling smiley cool if it works.

ok so the "+" arrangement, yes absolutely, dd - just like that... *except*.... using a CoreXY belt arrangement. what the quadrap probably does is use a rod at one end to span across and drive two sets of string-based "things". that's different.

appreciate you finding the quadrap as it means that there's at least precedent for the "+" arrangement. i like how small the extruder holder is, and ... ehn?!? box-section aluminium tube and v-shaped delrin rollers instead of rods and linear bearings? awesome!

that's so cool. the weight there would be significantly reduced, and box section is just as strong as rods - i wonder if they use carbon-fibre? that would be awesome. [update: yes it is! 10x10 carbon-fibre box-section rods, waay coool]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2016 12:41PM by lkcl.
May 04, 2016 12:55PM
oh my goodness it really is made with bits of string! smiling smiley

[update: wow these printers are enormous - 800mm to 1m cubes. i'm really impressed]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2016 02:55AM by lkcl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login