Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

push rods

Posted by Delta32 
push rods
April 08, 2016 01:16PM
Hallo,
I,m new on this forum, and i have a question.
I,m building a Rostock, some of the parts are printed by a friend. But i don,t want to overload him with needed printed parts.
So i decided t make the push rods, myself.
I orderd the carbon rods and fish eye bearings. But i chose the wrong one , the are to big( m4, and metal).
I saw on the internet also the traxxas bearings,made of plastic with inner metal, are these good enough for the job, ore must i order smaller metal fish eye bearings.
Thanks
Re: push rods
April 08, 2016 11:10PM
Hi,

I think you'd better go with traxxas at first because there're many trial examples here and there. You'll be able to print parts by yourself sooner, then you can build another bot with M4 joints.
You may find good threads about delta bot at the following section. Good luck! smiling smiley

Home > Machines Organized by Style > Delta Machines
Home > Machines Organized by Name > Fisher

Genie - designer of bitfab::Hexagon Heatedbed in purple. PM me if you wish to get original one of the best quality.
April 09, 2016 04:34AM
Traxxas 5347 joints can be made to work well. I recommend you buy 2 packs of 12, assemble them all using the hot/cold method, then pick 12 with no slop in them and use those. Use M4 x 20mm set screws to connect them to 6mm o.d x 4mm i.d. CF tube. Screw one end of the set screw into the Traxxas joint, then epoxy the other end into the CF tube. Use a jig to hold the joints the right distance apart while the epoxy sets. Build them all on the same jig to get them exactly the same length.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 09, 2016 02:09PM
Hallo dc42,
Can you explain me what is the hot/cold method?
Thanks.
April 09, 2016 05:15PM
Put the balls in the freezer for a while, and heat the plastic rod ends in boiling water. Then assemble them quickly before they have a chance to heat and cool. There is a printable assembly tool on Thingiverse which I link to in my delta printer build blog.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login