Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How can I start from scratch again?

Posted by Jagtech 
How can I start from scratch again?
March 17, 2016 04:59PM
I am at a complete loss now I have messed around with the firmware that I can't even connect now with promterface.I am using marlin but it is totally messed up now .How can I clean out the ramps board to what it is like when new and start over again from scratch. I don't understand this firmware thing at all.I can compile and upload but the same corrupt fires keep showing up. just want to start all over again. I am using ardurino mega and ramps 1.4

i

i have messed with the firnware (marlin) so much now that I can' even connect to it now with promterface
VDX
Re: How can I start from scratch again?
March 17, 2016 05:37PM
... download Marlin new and re-flash it.

Maybe you have to delete the printer settings in the hidden file ".pronsolerc" in your WindowsUsers-folder too ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 17, 2016 07:17PM
That didn't work either
March 18, 2016 04:22AM
Before you flash a new firmware, you better clear eeprom first. This is a program listed in the arduinoIDE under examples/EEPROM
Or you can use the smart-LCD to navigate to "load hardware default" settings, then navigate to "store EEprom" ( not sure if these are actually the right menu names)

The only way to mess up the USB/pronterface connection is changing the BAUD-rate. If you did this in Marlin, you have to set pronterface to the same BAUD rate.
March 18, 2016 11:49AM
I got it back again by reloading everything after changing com port. Now here we go again( fresh start)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login