Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

arduino board done?

Posted by pencilpusher 
arduino board done?
July 22, 2015 02:17PM
My one stepper motor just quick working right in the middle of a print. Now it just stutters then stops. I tested the motor in other ports and it works fine, so it is that particular port on the board. After taking a closer look at the board I noticed this

images
I suspect that this is the source of the problem. I'm not an electronic person, so what do you guys think, could this board be saved or should I start ordering another board. Also I'd like to know what might have caused this, could it be a setting on my power supply sending too much power or some kind of wiring short. I don't want to hook up another board and have the same thing happen.
Note I have been using my printer without issues for about 2 months now, so this is either something that just occurred or has been slowly happening for a long while.
Re: arduino board done?
July 22, 2015 02:52PM
First, that's not the Arduino, that's the RAMPS . . .

These are the most common failure I have seen, and are primarily because they used cheap Chinese knockoffs of a Molex connector. The good news is that the board is fine, you just need to replace the fried connector, preferably with a Euroblock screwdown terminal block. If you search, I have posted the info for those before . . . cheap, quick to replace, and no need for a new board . . .

- Tim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2015 02:32AM by tadawson.
Re: arduino board done?
July 22, 2015 11:57PM
Thanks so much for the advice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login