Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Maximum tube length in delta printer

Posted by Coptup4ik 
Maximum tube length in delta printer
April 16, 2015 07:30PM
Hello, friends smiling smiley
Can anyone suggest what is the maximum tube length from extruder to hotend in delta printer?
As i understand the shorter the better. But what is maximum if my work area is 300mm in diameter and 400mm in height.
Thank you for help
Re: Maximum tube length in delta printer
April 17, 2015 04:20AM
Mine is at least 80cm and seems to be printing fine. I'm on 250mm diameter and 300mm print height, so a little less than your dimensions, but my bowden tube length could be shortened a fair amount.
April 20, 2015 10:52AM
hi,
this italian printer [www.personalfab.it]
has a nice system to short the tube

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 10:54AM by enricodare.

Enrico

[www.dapa3dservice.it] [www.studiodapa.it]
repstrap dApA, Ramps 1.4, MarlinKimbra / scanner 3D Cubify Sense / Formlabs Form 2
April 20, 2015 11:05AM
I recently enlarged my Mini Kossel to have a 330mm diameter bed (of which more than 300mm diameter is printable), using 350mm long rods and a 550mm Bowden tube:

The only issue I have is that I can hear some resonance at slow speeds (e.g. during homing) presumably due to the mass off the effector and the springiness of the rods. But it doesn't seem to have affected print quality.

I will eventually rebuild it with 2020 extrusion and greater height. At the same time, I will increase the distance between the bearings in each pair a little to improve rigidity - I am currently using the same effector and carriage design as in the original Mini Kossel. This will result in a small decrease in the printable radius near the towers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 11:06AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

April 21, 2015 03:01PM
My extruder is around 60cm long, maybe a bit less. The extruder is mounted a hair lower than 1/2 way through the printer. The print radius is about 330mm, with a heigh of almost 400mm...... I think a 50CM bowden can be done if I mounted my extruder closer to the body of the printer.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
April 23, 2015 07:11AM
@dc42

interesting machine what is your printable height?
April 23, 2015 07:56AM
ekaggrat
@dc42

interesting machine what is your printable height?

Too low! It's only 120mm at the centre and 80mm at the edges. I am now planning to replace the 600mm 1515 vertical extrusions by 1m 2020 extrusions, to get around 500mm build height.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login