Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Belt slipping probability

Posted by Yaro 
Belt slipping probability
November 29, 2014 05:38AM
Hi all,

I want to ask how much probability there's that the belt slip and how can i avoid it. I've ordered gt2 pulleys 16tooth, but i'm worried now about belt slipping. The mass to move is big, about 2-3 kg. I've read that gt2 belt are good for high mass and also i've put a belt tensioner. I need to worry about it or not? it's better to order bigger pulley and how much bigger? (i know i need to do some test before ask, but i need to design before order them and before do that i need to wait more than 1 month for shipping, it's alot of time)

Thank you!
Re: Belt slipping probability
December 01, 2014 01:25PM
Mass is just one consideration. How fact you're wanting to move it, what acceleration is at play, friction of bearings and guides (as applicable), belt pitch, momentum, etc all enter into the calculation. GT2 is just a belt profile. Larger pitches and wider belts can handle larger loads than smaller pitches and narrower belts. The larger the gear the larger the number of teeth and therefor the larger the load rating, but at a sacrifice of resolution as each step travels a larger distance due to the larger diameter. Without knowing what exactly you're doing it's not an easy question to answer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login