Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My CoreXY design

Posted by gmh39 
My CoreXY design
May 22, 2014 09:12AM
Since I have a ton of 40mm x 40mm extrusion, I figured I would put together a large format printer (300 x 300 x 300 minimum). I am going with a CoreXY system using fishing line (actually it is harpoon line cause it is like 10x stronger a little more money).

Here's a screen shot of my CAD so far:

I am planning on running the line at different heights to avoid any rubbing when they cross over. Here's a screen shot of the line routes:

Comments? Thoughts? Questions? Critiques?

-Greg

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
Re: My CoreXY design
May 22, 2014 10:24AM
Not enough cowbell.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
A2
May 22, 2014 11:47AM
Looks good.

Are you using pads as bearing guides? I would prefer to see the bearing length ~3X the width of the guide.
May 22, 2014 12:07PM
A2
Looks good.

Are you using pads as bearing guides? I would prefer to see the bearing length ~3X the width of the guide.

Not sure I understand what you are referring to. Are you talking about the Y sliders? They are adjustable printed parts. I would go something like 3x but they are already 40mm and 3x would make them 120mm... Which is pretty freaking long.

greghoge.com

A2
May 22, 2014 12:30PM
My bearing OAL is 164 mm long, so your's is short... lol smiling smiley

Any length increase you can afford is suggested.
May 27, 2014 09:54AM
hello,
sorry if I'm intruding, but it's just so 'wrong turn belts along the axis as shown in the video in order to remedy the intersection?

[www.youtube.com]

Enrico

[www.dapa3dservice.it] [www.studiodapa.it]
repstrap dApA, Ramps 1.4, MarlinKimbra / scanner 3D Cubify Sense / Formlabs Form 2
May 27, 2014 03:49PM
Enrico,

Not sure I understand your question. Are you asking how I am able to not cross the belts?

-Greg

greghoge.com

May 28, 2014 04:30AM
sorry gmh39,
I've probably posted in the wrong place and the wrong question.

I'll open a new topic

Enrico

[www.dapa3dservice.it] [www.studiodapa.it]
repstrap dApA, Ramps 1.4, MarlinKimbra / scanner 3D Cubify Sense / Formlabs Form 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login