Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gates GT3 belts

Posted by Bill Clark 
Gates GT3 belts
March 07, 2014 08:52PM
anyone found a source for "buy online" , 2 or 3mm GT3 belts. these are advertised as being able to transmit 30% more power than the GT2's

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2014 08:57PM by Bill Clark.
Re: Gates GT3 belts
March 13, 2014 09:47AM
Have you tried to look to see if their is a retailer/distributor in your area on Gate's website? They may be able to order you the particular length and pitch you are looking for.

I found some of the lengths of the 2MGT and 3MGT here. The filtering doesn't seem to be real accurate so if you know the part number from here you can probably find it quicker if they carry it.

I found Motion Industries by just picking a random part and googling it, so you may be able to find the size you need that way if you can find it there.

What are you looking to power with the GT3 belt? I use 2mm GT2 belts on my printer and I can cause the steppers to stall before the belts skip teeth. For a typical printer application, I don't think power transmission is the issue.
Re: Gates GT3 belts
March 25, 2014 07:26AM
sorry for the late reply and thanks for the info. I did get hooked up with the Gates people for application help. I am building a machine that will be used for milling/routing and, with a bed swap, 3D printing. My main interest in the newer belt tech was for added load capability while keeping backlash and stretch in check.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login