Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Timing belt gear with 10mm hole in it

Posted by stefan787 
Timing belt gear with 10mm hole in it
March 01, 2014 05:58PM
As the title say, a timing/belt gear with a 10mm or a 8mm (so i can drill it bigger) hole in it. Im building a makerbot, and i need the dears for the belt to the y ax.

Thank you.
Re: Timing belt gear with 10mm hole in it
March 02, 2014 03:39AM
Someone?
March 02, 2014 07:30AM
Are you asking for a source for a timing belt gear that fits on a 10mm shaft?

Do you already have the belt or do you need a belt to match that timing gear also? If you have the belt you need to specify the type and size of belt- all timing gears are not the same.

Are you making a really big machine? A 10mm shaft would be on a huge motor- much larger than typically found in a 3D printer.

This company has a lot of belts/pulleys, etc.: [www.sdp-si.com]
March 02, 2014 08:05AM
Im looking for a timing belt and gear, and it is for the z axis. I am making a makerbot. For the stepper motor to a 10mm ax and that moves the extruder forword or backwords.
March 09, 2014 08:07PM
Makerbot is the name of a company, not any specific machine. What are you building?

Gears and timing belts all have basic specs-
The gear has to fit on a motor shaft or on a threaded rod. What is that shaft/rod's diameter?
The gear will have a diameter or specific number of teeth.
The gear will be made to accommodate a specific width of belt.
The gear will be made for compatibility with a specific belt profile.
The gear will be metal or plastic and will use a grub screw or other means to affix it to the rod/shaft.

The belt will need to be either a closed loop and you must specify the number of teeth, or open and you must specify the length.
The belt will have a specific tooth pitch and profile that must be compatible with your gears/pulleys.
The belt will have a specific width that must be less than or equal to your pulley/gear width.
The belt may be made from different materials- you must specify it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login