Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Circuit Scribe & 3D Printers

Posted by BlaiddDrwg 
Circuit Scribe & 3D Printers
December 10, 2013 07:51AM
Hi! I'm still new to 3D printers and am researching a kit to build and then work with my students to build one from scratch.

I came across Circuit Scribe on Kickstarter and thought it looked very nifty, especially for those of us just learning electronics/circuitry. I was wanted to see what others thought about the possible applications of this tool in 3D Printers.

[www.kickstarter.com]

(note: I am not an investor and have no financial gain from this, I'm just a teacher looking to inspire and engage my students).

Thanks!
Re: Circuit Scribe & 3D Printers
December 11, 2013 02:08AM
I would just go ahead and build a printer - you will have plenty to learn as it is!

May 15, 2014 02:59PM
Don't forget that you can also do that with any old graphite pencil too.

Through self sustaining actions comes freedom

DIY Tech Shop
Re: Circuit Scribe & 3D Printers
May 16, 2014 06:47AM
BlaiddDrwg
I came across Circuit Scribe on Kickstarter and thought it looked very nifty, especially for those of us just learning electronics/circuitry. I was wanted to see what others thought about the possible applications of this tool in 3D Printers.

It's certainly a nice thing. I don't see much connection to a 3D printer, though:

- Many parts of printing controllers, like stepper motor controllers and heaters, need more than neglibile currents. I assume these can't be done with such a pen.

- All integrated parts like stepper motor controllers, CPU, etc. need a breakout board anyways.

As such it's more an experimental way to assemble electronics than to completely build one.

All the interesting things of printer controllers happen in software, anyways. If you compare RepRap electronics, you'll see all of them being pretty much of the same concept and all to be compatible with Arduinos. If you want to teach, you could start with uploading Arduino examples to a RepRap controller, "Blink" makes almost a stepper exerciser already.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login