Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need hep for Delta print head

Posted by Jumperdome 
Need hep for Delta print head
November 11, 2013 08:34AM
Hello and yes,
I do know it’s a common point about getting not a clue, but start with big tasks. But I just do like to make things myself and here is the point about my posting:
I don’t have any experience on 3d printing, but would like to design my own delta printer and there are some points about, where I don’t see trough.
Now first of all, I would like to ask the experienced users, if they do see some error right from my design of the printer head I designed.
Second I did see and read something about servos on the printer head and I don’t see what their function is. So it would be nice if someone could explain this to me.
Friendly yours and thanks from Dome

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2013 08:39AM by Jumperdome.
Re: Need hep for Delta print head
December 02, 2013 06:39AM
this won't work, the rod-ends are missing one degree of freedom - in direction of the arrow-"Drehachse". The way you designed it, it can only move straight up or down, and only in the center of the build area, if the rods are same lengths. You need some sort of uniball-joints, or the usual Traxxas-balljoints or something like that.

Servo on the printer head - probably the extruder? Guess it won't work without one, either on the head or as bowden-extruder. If you search the term on the forums, I think you'll see what is meant.
December 04, 2013 09:41PM
YES
December 07, 2013 07:41AM
Good work!

If you have the resources, try to do a steady state thermal analysis on your hot end. I'm afraid that the mount section will be too hot as it is on the lower part of the heatsink. You don't want to melt your carriage!
December 09, 2013 09:49PM
Servos on the print head are a recent development. The hobby servo lowers a switch into position to use as a touch probe to measure where the platform is. The position of the bed is then compensated for by the controller, rather than relying on the user to make sure the bed is level. This is the so-called "auto levelling" bed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login