Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot end fix or replace?

Posted by Eh2406 
Hot end fix or replace?
November 09, 2013 10:25PM
HI,

I have a well loved hand-me-down mendel. Many upgrades have been made, and much time and love have been invested in it. nonetheless it is approaching the end of it's useful life.

Today the hot end stopped. The hot end has not gotten upgrades so it was time to take it apart and see what I can do. All apart and the problem is clear. The beige tube is clogged with pla. I try to clean it with acetone. No luck. I try to drill it out, but I make a mess of the teflon inside. So...

What is this beige tube caled?
What is this set up for the hot end called?
Do you think I should replace the beige tube or should I upgrade the set up? If upgrade what setup do you recomend that can reuse the hot end itself?

Thanks!
Re: Hot end fix or replace?
November 10, 2013 11:05PM
I'm not certain, but I think there were multiple hot ends from different manufacturers that used similar components. If you can post a picture of all the parts, someone here may be able to identify it for you, or suggest a proper replacement.
November 11, 2013 10:46AM
All the parts of the hot end are in the previous post. Here are some more detailed pics of the faulty component.

November 11, 2013 04:41PM
Sorry, the pics didn't load for me last time.
November 11, 2013 05:01PM
Hard to be sure but it looks like it might be a varient on a BHead extruder - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login