Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sketches towards angle iron frame

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
sketches towards angle iron frame
April 19, 2009 06:44AM
Hi, all

I've got some bedframe, and am daydreaming of how I might turn it into a repstrap frame. I've drawn up a first stab at this idea in blender - not that this is a complete design (or even model) but it has been at least a learning experience. Imagine appropriate springs, cross-ties, z-axis carriage, motors, chain, gears, heavy base, bits and pieces, etc.

The parts I used to build from are models I posted earlier on this same forum, 4 long rails, 8 end pieces, bunch of bearings and bolts. assumed 1/8" material removal for cuts.

I'm no pro (indeed I've got no idea), so please feel free to comment on how this won't work - I'm hoping to go through several revisions before I actually cut anything - already gotten the advice that pipe will make for a better bearing contact surface, and I'm trying to juggle in my mind the pros and cons of different arrangements as far as which dimensions move where.

files are repsandbox as .blend, .dxf, and .stl - the last two were too big and had to be compressed.

enjoy
Attachments:
open | download - repsandbox.blend (562.4 KB)
open | download - repsandbox.dxf.tar.gz (348.6 KB)
open | download - repsandbox.stl.tar.gz (446 KB)
Re: sketches towards angle iron frame
April 19, 2009 08:05AM
Looks good on AoI. Have you started the build? Be sure to post pics as you go.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login