Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is your maximum speed with your McWire?

Posted by daniel-kessel 
What is your maximum speed with your McWire?
February 28, 2009 11:26AM
Hello everyone.

Well, you read the topic title - what the maximum speed your McWire based RepStrap can move at, in X and Y direction (mm/min) ?

Mine was 360 mm/min with lubrication and other motor couplings (not the aquarium tube ones) on an M8 threaded rod (pitch: 1.25 mm/turn).

I have since moved on to other (precision) drive screws which solved the problem of low speed. I am just interested if anyone can get near a typical speed used while extruding... like 420 ,480 or even 960 mm/min.

Hope to hear from other McWire users!
Hi Daniel,
Saw you on the reprap map and thought I might contact you about putting together a reprap. I'm currently in Berlin and will be here for this year and have become very interested in trying my hand at a reprap. I don't have a engineering or electronics background and would like to know how difficult it would be for an fairly experienced handworker to make a reprap. I am just starting out with electronics (been to conrad, bought some kits + reading some books) and have some metal machining experience. Do you think it would be feasible for me to get a reprap built and succesfully working? And how much would it cost to buy the parts here in germany? Could I possibly see your reprap in action? Would really appreciate any info you could give. Many thanks, Danny
Re: What is your maximum speed with your McWire?
February 24, 2010 03:29AM
daniel-kessel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I have since moved on to other (precision) drive
> screws which solved the problem of low speed.

What "other (precision) drive screws are you referring to?

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Re: What is your maximum speed with your McWire?
February 24, 2010 03:49AM
@Danny:
Wow, it has been a year already now since I last posted. I had to move on from the university project "reprap" to finishing my studies and getting a real job...I believe the machine can still be visited at the FH Dortmund. if you are really interested, I think we could arrange something. But I understand it is a long distance for you.

@Bob
I will have to look that stuff up later. I hope I remember to come back here and answer your question.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login