Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do I mount the tool on the Mcwire laser cut parts

Posted by ppeetteerr 
How do I mount the tool on the Mcwire laser cut parts
January 13, 2009 11:57PM
I was wondering what the suggested tool (dremel, printer head, pin) mounting method for the laser cut Mcwire Cartesian bot was. Zach mentions something at the bottom of the assembly page. But I'm not really sure what he means. Should I just drill holes into the acrylic and mount to that?
Re: How do I mount the tool on the Mcwire laser cut parts
January 20, 2009 01:15PM
Im calibrating and fine-tuning my seedling (with many modifications) since weeks.

Im not using aluminium channel as guided rails, therefore I have different mountings. I use four ptfe blocks for guide my axis, and I screwed those blocks to the plastic. So it was straightforward to attach to this screws my pen holder.

But basically you want to drill some holes to the plastic and attache your tool to it, using screws. I recommend to attache another plastic and attache your tool to that plastic. So you can change each tool without drilling more and more holes.

Just a quick note: If you want to draw something using a pencil, you need less then 0.1mm precision on the Z axis. If not you cant raise the pencil and put it back on the paper reliably.

Drawing with the pencil is really helpful if you want to calibrate your cartesian bot.

If there is interest and you think it is helpful I can writeup my findings and improvements.
Re: How do I mount the tool on the Mcwire laser cut parts
January 20, 2009 02:33PM
That'd be wonderful.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login