Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie X-axis problem / Bits from Bytes kit

Posted by jkolhi 
Newbie X-axis problem / Bits from Bytes kit
October 11, 2008 06:57PM
Hello RepRap gurus!

I just got the new laser cut parts (version 2.01) from Bits from Bytes and I need some very basic help:

Either the design of the axis in Step 6 (X Assembly.pdf) is changed, or there are pieces missing for me. The 20T Flange part (nr 47) is missing totally - is this a change of design?

I know that this is a really basic question, but I can't figure out how to continue.

My guess is that the 2.01 design has changed this in some way. Too bad the documentation isn't around yet...

Regards,

/JK - Sweden
sid
Re: Newbie X-axis problem / Bits from Bytes kit
October 11, 2008 08:14PM
Well..
in the lasercut pdf
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]

it's still there, maybe you just throw it away ?
I've read something like that in the blogs.

'sid
October 12, 2008 07:06AM
The pieces are not the same as in the original lasercut pdf - new design of a lot of pieces and new layout of the whole sheet.

A lot of holes were missing in the box... perhaps I never got them.

Am I the first one to receive this new set of pieces? It is supposed to be a stronger acryl now.

The linked pdf is to an older layout than I have.
sid
October 12, 2008 11:14AM
just a thought

I guess that means you'll have to wait for Ian to answer the question properly

'sid
October 12, 2008 12:14PM
The design has changed and i have documented it and done a 3D model but i can't get my Adobe PDF working angry smiley and I've had a big family party this weekend but i should have it all up on Monday. If possible please wait as X carriage is critical to getting it all right. Sorry for the delay

Ian
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
October 12, 2008 02:23PM
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the info! I thought I was going crazy... I will definitely wait til the new PDFs are up. Since I thought I was missing pieces, I started to plan to replace those parts myself - I am always eager to get going on projects like these.

I figured out how the new motor spacers look like and realized that the design must have changed, in some way...

Anyway - putting my powerdrill back onto the shelf for now. Eagerly waiting for the new PDFs.

Thanks,

/JK
November 19, 2008 08:25AM
Hi

Did anyone resolve this issue. I am just working on the kit and can't find the flange bits in the laser sheet either. Are they there or are there some new PDFs.

cheers

Simon
November 19, 2008 02:22PM
Hi Simon,

The new PDFs (available on www.bitsfrombytes.com) contains the new design. The flange part was replaced with a spring washer that I did not get in my kit. I had a similar one here so I used that instead. Seems to work fine.

[www.bitsfrombytes.com] is the direct link to the PDF. Click on the parts and you'll get the name of it as well, helped me a lot.

Good luck!

/JK
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login