Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

stepper exerciser calibration

Posted by dwbowen 
stepper exerciser calibration
July 09, 2008 06:04PM
Hello all,

What is supposed to happen when you calibrate in the stepper exerciser in the reprap software? When I click on the calibrate icon i receive an error message "Problem during calibration: java.io.IOException: Timeout receiving byte" The motor continues to run smashing into the MAX endstop. It does this for all three axes when I click on their respective calibrate buttons.

When I click on the home button for each axis they go to their home position or at least I think... the go to the MIN endstop. Likewise I am able to move the each axis using the sliders and adjust the speed in the stepper exerciser. It seems the only thing I am unable to do is calibrate. Is calibrating important to the function of the machine?

I am using a single arduino setup. It should also be noted that my machine is a repstrap machine so I am not sure if the distances between the endstops is correct. Does this matter or could it be affecting the calibrate function in the stepper excerciser? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

cheers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login