Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3d Sense Scanner - 1 week of use

Posted by 3dme 
3d Sense Scanner - 1 week of use
August 20, 2014 01:16AM
I have been using the 3d sense scanner for 1 week.

Overall I am happy with the scanner, but I am learning a few tricks on how to use it effectively.

• To start, I have learned about using only indoors, and avoid places where there is sunlight, since sunlight seem to "blind" the scanner.
  • The next hing I learned is that moving the scanner close to the object/person being scanned, increases the resolution of the scan dramatically. I generally don't scan things from a distance anymore.

The problem I am still having are some large "white" unscannable areas that appear in random places of the subject being scanned.
My first suspect was sunlight which may come from some nearby window, but I have done tests at night and I still get these random, large "white" unscannable areas.

Has anybody experienced similar issues with the 3d Sense scanner? Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you in avance for your help!

Juan
Re: 3d Sense Scanner - 1 week of use
August 22, 2014 01:26AM
For many scanners if possible spray paint the subject with a matt finish dark paint. You could also try patting the offending surface area down with chalk powder or even better carbon or graphite powder (I.E. make the surface matt (not glossy) and dark if possible).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login