Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Laser Etching of mirrors

Posted by DeltaCon 
Laser Etching of mirrors
March 29, 2017 09:51AM
I would like to make laser-etched images on the backside of household mirrors. This is a technique to etch a raster-image to the backside of mirrorglass. The silver mirror-coating gets burned away, and the resulting image is blackened by a simple spraypaint. The result looks like this:

I would like to be able to laser mirrors op to 30 x 40 cm. I have some experience building a delta 3d printer but that was a well documented kit. However I am not afraid to get my hands dirty ;-) What would be a good startingpoint design. I somewhat like the idea of a CoreXY setup. I do not have a lot of room in my workshop, so it will have to be compact.
VDX
Re: Laser Etching of mirrors
March 29, 2017 10:17AM
... in past I've modified several XY-plotters into laser-cutters and engravers - either comercial flatbed types, or DIY-ed (better to adjust size) -- it's as simply as replacing the electronics+drivers with a controller you can program on your own, to get full control over the laser ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login