Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Laser driver for ramps 1.4

Posted by Tukr 
Laser driver for ramps 1.4
January 14, 2016 09:18PM
Ok, ill try to keep this short and understandable.
I plan on making a laser device, using ramps 1.4. Ive built a reprap using it and understand what will need to change where for my own customization.

My question is what type of laser diode driver will i need to utilize the 12v pwm output of D9. Im having trouble finding a diode driver that can use the 12v pwm input. I suppose one that uses a 5v pwm input would be usable and just not allow the power to go above 45%.

I plan on using the 12v pwm signal to modulate a 2w 445 diode. I saw the flexmod but it shows 5v input. Does anybody have a suggestion?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2016 02:06AM by Tukr.
VDX
Re: Laser driver for ramps 1.4
January 15, 2016 03:26AM
... you can use one of the 5V I/O-pins directly -- or if 12V across the MOSFET, then use two resistors in serie (e.g. GND--8k2--*--10k--12V) and connect the driver-input to the middle point, marked with [*]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 15, 2016 03:53AM
I changed the Fan-output pin from D9 to D4 in pins.h
D4 is a 5V PWM pin placed on Ramps servo header.
Read the last entries of this thread for more details.
-Olaf
January 15, 2016 05:53AM
Those will help me alot once i have selected a driver. Thank you. But im still in need of a driver, I would prefer to keep this as cheap as possible. Right now i have no machine to test this on, im still in the process of buying parts. Do you suggest any specific diode drivers? Ttl or analog? Current limit? Specific brand or model? I have no idea what to purchase.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login