Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D Printer - Printrbot alike

Posted by ratuspro 
3D Printer - Printrbot alike
August 08, 2015 07:42PM
Hello Guys,

I've build a 3D Printer similar to the Printrbot simple. It uses a Ramps 1.4, Nema 17 and all the usual stuff. You can see how it looked like after i assembly. Its footprint was not that big - 370*350*360 - similar to that the print volume is around 150*150*150.
Either way I've designed it and build it from scratch but when I assemble it the base and the "tower"'s sides bend like hell. The machine is made of 5 mm plywood and I've used a laser cutter to manufacture the parts but they are not even close to straight.

I read a lot of topics and saw a common thought on all of them: this type of printer usually bends and "sags". All the hard work didn't quite produced the result i was expecting.

Besides that I'm creating this topic to publish my project and to alert the possibles cons of choosing this 3D Printer design.

Now that i have all the electronics and mechanical parts used of my printer I'll do another one, I'm looking towards a prusa i3 design. I'm thinking in using mdf and not plywood. What do you think guys?

-------
Here are some photos of the printer: [imgur.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login