Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Understanding the Nicha 1.6W module and running it with a driver

Posted by LarsK 
Understanding the Nicha 1.6W module and running it with a driver
August 03, 2015 03:11PM
Dear all,

I am ready to install electronics in my new laser setup.

It is the 1.6W Nichia module ( Datasheet ). The laser is water cooled and the frame is a CoreXY driven by RAMPS / Mega setup. That is moving and looking good.

The electronics to control the laser is a concern. I was hoping for some inputs regarding my driver and controlling it. I have the Walye Power A10 with TTL modulation. Example Aliexpress link

I don't understand how I can have two trimpots (one for current and one for voltage). Is it because it has two limits? So if I set a voltage of 5V but a very low current setting then it will drop the voltage? If that is correct, am I then also correct that setting the unloaded voltage to 5V would be the way to go because then nomatter what I set the current rating at, it won't kill my diode???

Second thing, I have read Tertzoid concerning controlling the laser on the Arduino/RAMPS with the M42 S[PWM] P[IO] command. Am I correct that I could connect that pin directly to the TTL pin on my driver and then change S[PWM] for various brightness on the laser?

That post is some 6 month old - Has anybody come up with alternative ways?

Third thing - Can I put a 2A fuse (the glass with wire type) in between the laser and driver and expect that it will blow fast enough in case I do something wrong?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login