Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems Uploading GRBL To Sanguinololu

Posted by AndyCart 
Problems Uploading GRBL To Sanguinololu
February 15, 2014 02:57PM
Hi Guys

I wonder if any of you can help me. I have designed and built a CNC platform that I intend to put a laser on. It's using a Sanguinololu 1.3 with the ATMega 1284p chip on it. I'm trying to upload a grbl.hex file that I have compiled that is configured for the Sanguinololu. The issue I am having is uploading the .hex file. The board has a boot loader installed and I have already got a Marlin version up and running in order that I could test motors, endstops, etc. All work fine via Pronterface. The error I am getting from avrdude is below along with the command line string I'm using. It seems so close (I've spent days even getting this far smiling smiley.

C:\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin>avrdude -CC:\arduino\hardware/tools/avr/etc/av
rdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega1284p -carduino -PCOM5 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:"C:\
Users\Andy\Google Drive\Laser Cutter\grbl-sanguinololu-master\grbl.hex":i

avrdude: Version 5.11, compiled on Sep 2 2011 at 19:38:36
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, [www.bdmicro.com]
Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\arduino\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : COM5
Using Programmer : arduino
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20]
avrdude: Recv:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

avrdude done. Thank you.

Hope someone can help

Regards

Andy
Re: Problems Uploading GRBL To Sanguinololu
February 18, 2014 06:01PM
Finally managed to sort it out. Working great now
May 16, 2014 09:17PM
I am also trying to use GRBL on a Sanguinololu with a 1284p

I have been using the Arduino Software to edit the files, but I have been unable to get it to function, I keep getting compile errors.

What did you do to get yours to work?

TIA

Daryl
May 18, 2014 01:30AM
Hi Daryl

I've attached my working version of the GRBL/Sanguinololu code. there's a text file in the .zip that is the command string I use to upload the grbl.hex to the board. All the GRBL parameters (well nearly all of them) can be updated via the host software (I use GRBL Controller) once uploaded and running, so you probably only need to upload my working version and tweak it insitu.

Andy
Attachments:
open | download - grbl-sanguinololu-master.zip (218.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login