Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Open Source Robots?

Posted by xclusive585 
Open Source Robots?
January 21, 2013 11:38PM
Just curious if there are any open source robotics projects? Like the reprap project of robots?

I know as I get deeper into this hobby and get more and more parts laying around, I will definitely be interested in learning how to write simple firmwares for sanguinos and the like to control simple robots. After building said robot(s) out of spare parts and printed parts of course.
Re: Open Source Robots?
January 22, 2013 12:25AM
Many, many different projects. Here's a starting point.
January 22, 2013 08:29AM
You need to specify what type of robots your interested in. For pick and place there are quite a few that would be suitable, Delta, SCARA etc on this forum.

Another one suitable is COREXY
Core XY

Another good website for "Organic"robots is trossen robotics. Here you will find humanoid, hexapods and wheeled robots.

trossen robotics forum

Also have a look on thingiverse as there are a few there and grabcad
January 22, 2013 01:08PM
Thanks for the links Martin, appreciated. Just wanted the input of someone from reprap, as opposed to a google search.

I have no specific type of bot in mind yet, just looking for a starting point to see where we are these days.

Good to know there's already a good base of knowledge out there., and some open source softwares too.
VDX
January 22, 2013 01:25PM
... Matt's hexapods and more intersting stuff (semi-comercial): [www.micromagicsystems.com]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login