Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CNC hard stops always activated

Posted by PBZ 
PBZ
CNC hard stops always activated
September 17, 2017 12:58PM
As the topic says, my hard stops are always "on". When homing, everything works fine, but as soon as it completes the cycle and pulls off, UGCS throws a hard stop error and locks everything up. I stuck an oscilloscope on the wires and there is only about 1v total variance in the lines, not enough for my issue to be caused by the interference?
Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing a hard stop error? I am using a Gshield and Uno, and using UGCS as a monitor and sender.
Re: CNC hard stops always activated
September 20, 2017 02:20AM
The voltage should drop more than 1V. Is there a mismatch with pullup and pulldown resitors? Maybe either one set in software and the other is hardware?
PBZ
September 20, 2017 09:57AM
the one volt variance is total, so 1/2 up, one half volt down from 5. and i meant that is just interference- a physically activated switch should drop pretty close to zero i think. so my bad signal therefore is not interference?

because i only just got around to testing the interference and finding it not worth worrying about, i dont have pull up/downs on my lines. this might change depending on what happens when i finally get to activate the router since i haven't been able to do that yet since the machine is locked up.

my settings are correct, i think. did a lot of research and trial and error when i built the machine, but when i can get back up to the shop and grab the settings i will post them.
PBZ
November 14, 2017 11:34PM
Hey guys, turns out my settings were wrong. Now that I can actually use my machine, the next couple problems have arisen. The first: I need to switch my positive direction on my y axis without flipping the direction go home. As far as I know, this means I need to look at the arduino code and reflash the code? Can anyone point me in the right direction here?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login