Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PCB Scriber for Scratch n' Etch PCBs

Posted by Matt Gilbert 
PCB Scriber for Scratch n' Etch PCBs
November 17, 2016 08:06PM
I just updated the documentation for my method of producing printed circuit boards with a RepRap on the wiki. It includes links to Github where I've uploaded the stls, the firmware (a modified version of Teacup), and the gcode generator.

Just thought I would post a little notice and invite feedback. I understand a lot of people would rather just order PCBs, but for those who are interested in homebrewing them, or changing them from a "vitamin" to a "printed part", any thoughts? What would be some helpful additions to the documentation?
Re: PCB Scriber for Scratch n' Etch PCBs
November 18, 2016 04:51AM
Hi Matt, great effort!

How about getting these changes back into mainstream Teacup? This way you'd get support for all the other controller boards.

I had a look at scriber.c and there is, well, not exactly much code. These few lines are already covered by M106, which is what I use myself to turn a Dremel on and off. I can get you write access to the mainstream Teacup repo any minute.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Re: PCB Scriber for Scratch n' Etch PCBs
November 18, 2016 09:14AM
Whoa! I love that idea! I hadn't even considered adding these changes back into Teacup. scriber.c used to be more complicated, before I realized I could just use the scriber endstop as a Z max. Even the custom G-Code commands could be avoided, leaving almost no changes at all. (Now, the only real differences are in how homing is handled.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login