Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D printed CNC mill

Posted by Truckrat 
3D printed CNC mill
November 27, 2014 10:43PM
Hello everyone,

One of my most enjoyable moments with a 3D printer is using it to modify, enhanced or create new printer ideas. This has taken me into new fields as these new machines sometimes need parts that have to be fabricated such as printed circuit boards. This is the case with the 4-Off printer I have been designing for the past months. With 4 independent extruders all printing simultaneously, I need a control board that compliments the RAMP's board.

This led me to use my 3D printer to build a CNC Mill that I will use to drill, cut the needed traces and cut out the PC board from some stock material. The proto-type of the mill is finished. It is currently controlled by a RAMP's board until I build some more suitable electronics for it. Now I am into the learning curve of controlling CNC machines other than printers.

Of course like anything else, you can buy these machines but what fun is there in that? Well, ok, it is fun to spend money too, but not all of us can afford to.

If you would like to see this machine in more detail, visit the blog section at 3dprintingedmonton.ca

Roy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login