Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

:: starting to build the wooden PCB mill :: spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by redreprap 
:: starting to build the wooden PCB mill :: spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
April 25, 2013 06:33AM
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

its all on the blog grinning smiley

[3roomlabs.blogspot.sg]

well as expected, the CHINA rails are quite sticky, and the belting gives quite a bit of buffer. but no surprises, 6.7 microns per step is quite achievable.

*edit* i have no understanding of stickiness of moving rails prior to this, and now with the help of a dial indicator, sticking is such a PITA. if there is a index of sticking error, i think this machine will show that very clearly. in this case sticking error index i think is about 10 microns ! LOL eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2013 02:04PM by redreprap.

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
Re: :: starting to build the wooden PCB mill :: spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
April 26, 2013 08:15AM
Z-axis done grinning smiley

[3roomlabs.blogspot.sg]

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
Re: :: starting to build the wooden PCB mill :: spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
April 29, 2013 10:45AM
squaring up

and testing Z + X axes

[3roomlabs.blogspot.sg]

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

April 30, 2013 08:09AM
Y gantry done spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[3roomlabs.blogspot.sg]

it does look very odd LOL !!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login