Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

tool change option

Posted by chris33 
tool change option
March 30, 2013 11:23AM
Has anyone built a cnc with tool change option at home position, what im getting at for instance im cutting a frame out using a cutting drill bit then it would go to home drop the cutting drill bit then pick up another size drill bit too drill holes or would it be simpler just too cut the frame for instance I want 2.2mm holes so I would just just the same drill bit for the cutting. Basically I want too be able to cut acrylic up too 10mm
Re: tool change option
April 11, 2013 02:15AM
i have been reading up those @ CNCzone forums. they are not cheap, unless you DIY. i hear they go for USD3k? they call it ATC (automatic tool changer). i have been hunting around too, i think CNCzone forums have more answers.

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
April 13, 2013 05:03PM
its ok i have a idea how to go about it thanks
April 13, 2013 10:45PM
O___O . . . would you be able to share a summary of your idea?

hmmm i have a strange idea to swap a chunk of things but then again, i saw this ...
[item.taobao.com]
its the actual tool change errr i think they call it a collet or something

but because they make it for actual larger CNC, i dont think it will fit. it is going to be huge and heavy.

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
April 14, 2013 02:53PM
similar idea as mine

I am just getting the hang of openscad, the principle is that collar (blue) there will be a spring in the center of it. How it would work in principle, the tool head would go to a referenced cup holding the tool bit, the cup holding the tool will have the same diameter as the blue collar,as the tool head lowers it pushes the collar up making the hole in collater (red) bit larger.I made the hole to clamp a 5mm drill bit, my next lesson in openscad and 3d design is too learn how to animate the object so it people can understand more the concept
April 14, 2013 02:57PM
thats just like ATC ... hmmm ok i will wait and see your idea
it will be nice open source community have a ATC but openware

April 15, 2013 11:07AM
You have any idea how I can create a spring in openscad
April 15, 2013 11:14PM
not sure, but i have seen some vids (cant rem for which cad program), they make a circle and "extrude" it spirally so that it becomes a coil.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login