Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An appeal to all.

Posted by karandex 
An appeal to all.
June 17, 2011 03:11PM
Hi

I made a mantis type cnc ( actually 2). The i am using a3982 and sanguino to control it though repg. I have seen countless firmware and host software
I apeal to all that please make a cnc friendly system of these wonderful resources
My dream system
1. Replicatorg is must, repstrapper,reprap host software,etc.. is horrible. its not easy to use by all
2. Use of sanguino or arduino 328. No mega, its too expensive
3. SD card needed
4.The main reason i post this is Acceleration like Sprinter Firmware
5. If you can , if there is any T or M code in gcode the repg goes in a loop

So in short a gen3 , replicatorg based software hardware pair with acceleration

Can anybody do it?
Re: An appeal to all.
June 17, 2011 06:24PM
Don't know much about cncs, but here goes nothing.

1. Personally I couldn't wrap my head around repliactorg, but that might be just me tongue sticking out smiley Take a look at printrun / pronterface. Doesn't come much simpler than that. It does it's job without all the fancy sliders.
2. Mega clones are pretty cheap these days. But for sanguino you do have sanguinololu, or generation 7. You can of course also use a regular arduino.
3. You can get an sd addon for ramps and sanguinololu.
4. You can run sprinter on the single-board solutions mentioned above, or use teacup on gen3 (for reprap support with seperate extruder controller). Both have acceleration.
5. Gcode?

Why gen3? It's not aging well when you compare it to the newer, better options we now have at hand.
Why repg? My short story with that program paints a view of a program designed for very specific and strict machine setups, and that doesn't fit well with your custom hardware, no?
All firmwares I have tested does acceleration, though some doesn't exactly excel at it.

Don't want to put you off here, but there are already several diy cnc web sites, like [www.cnczone.com] which I would guess have an abundance of information related to software and hardware.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
June 17, 2011 11:29PM
The reason i am doing this that i am making a cnc kit.I find it baffling that no one have come with a ver of firmware just for cnc movement and spindle speed control in replicatorg. And think of replicatorg, not all of my cnc users will be used to complex software like reprap software or python based host. thats why i insist on replicatorg not because its best, its easy to use and i just need basic functions from it.

And why gen3 , well... its cheap. I dont want to do 3d printing on it so it is useless to use mega. i may choose mega to make it like gen4 electronics only because of it have interface board. Is there any interface board like stuff in reprap. i know about revar lcd , but parts are hard to find.
June 18, 2011 12:44AM
Teacup supports '328 and sd card (although not at the same time- not enough space!)

Just hook 4 stepper controllers to it, some endstops, and see how you go.

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
June 18, 2011 01:03AM
i tried teacup on my 644 but the problem is it gives error heater_1_pin not found or somthing , i decalred as -1 but the firmware doesnt work, in printrun gives start but no movment. i selected board as one, can you send me a ver with absoulty no extruder and heater stuff, just sd card and gcode interperter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login