Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

motherboard question

Posted by colourz 
motherboard question
June 09, 2011 09:35PM
Hi everyone,
On gen3 mobo1.2,the centre track of the spdt switch goes to the 20 pin molex connector's bottom line 4th pin.and it is not connected to anything(atleast as per mendal wiring on diy wiki).Then how will the switch work as it should be?pardon me if Iam being stupid.
Re: motherboard question
June 11, 2011 12:15AM
anybody?
June 11, 2011 05:32AM
What switch, where? Throw up some pictures to explain.

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
June 11, 2011 06:31AM
The switch is used to control a PC power supply plugged into the 20 pin Molex when used on a Makerbot. When the switch is open the PSU is off. When closed the firmware can turn on the PSU. This isn't guaranteed to work properly because it should use an open collector transistor, not a pull down resistor.

The Mendel wiring diagram assumes you are using a simple 12V power adapter, not a PC power supply.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 11, 2011 08:31AM
righto!
that makes everything clear to me.
thanks Nopehead,you seem to be the one with all the answers.
June 13, 2011 12:58PM
Ok another question
can I run the gen3 mobo without the atmega644p qfpn soldered onto it but the sanguino breakout board plugged into the mobo headers?
June 13, 2011 01:08PM
If so,from where do i upload the firmware?from the mobo's 6 pin serial headers or sanguino's?
whose reset button is to be used?
did anyone tried this before?
as the mobo was made by me ,I dont want to solder the 644p qfpn before checking whether the mobo works or not.confused smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login