Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

techzone gen3

Posted by morrist 
techzone gen3
May 28, 2011 11:46AM
i am trying to re flash the firmware on my techzone extruder controller, and i so far can get the code to compile in arduino, but i get a couple of errors when i go to upload.

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

i have tried holding the reset button down then hitting upload, i re terminated the cables and i am using arduino 0021. i cant seem to find anything else to make this work

Morrist
Re: techzone gen3
May 29, 2011 06:55AM
You hit the upload button and then press and HOLD the reset button down until you see the text for uploading in the window and THEN RELEASE the RESET button.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
May 29, 2011 02:11PM
rhmorrison,

still cant get it to work. here is what i did, maybe im missing something. i hit verify /compile. then i held down the reset button, pressed upload, then when it said uploading sketch size 6922 i released the reset button, and i still got the errors.

i really have no idea what is going wrong with this. thanks for taking the time to try to help me

Morrist
VDX
May 29, 2011 04:25PM
... you won't have contact when the baudrate is different (some firmwares have other settings than 19200Baud) or you haven't selected the right serial port or board in the tools menue ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 29, 2011 09:04PM
Viktor,

i dont exactly know what the baudrate is. im very sure the serial port and the board are selected correctly, so perhaps it is the baudrate*.

Morrist
VDX
May 30, 2011 01:56AM
... the baudrate/bitrate (sometimes confused with chars per second) is the speed or clocking rate, serial devices use to send/recieve their data synchronous.

Older firmwares use a baudrate of 19200 (or 19200 bits per second), some newer use higher baudrates, so look into the firmware, which baudrate is specified, then set the same value in the parameters of your serial port. - atached a screenshot of my parameter settings for COM1 in Windows:

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

May 30, 2011 11:52PM
viktor, i got it working. thanks again for your help
VDX
May 31, 2011 01:52AM
smileys with beer

Viktor
--------

June 01, 2011 03:06PM
hey viktor,

i have another question you may be able to answer. i wired everything together and i now cannot drive the stepper motors. when i disconnect the extruder board, i can drive the motors. any idea on what this issue may be? im wondering if something is consuming too much power or if there is a short

Morrist
VDX
June 01, 2011 03:09PM
... measure the drawn current and the voltage on the 5Volt-rails ...

Viktor
--------

June 01, 2011 03:17PM
viktor, im not exactly sure how to measure the current. i set my multimemter to the 20v setting, and its bouncing between 1 and .4 volts. if i disconnect the extruder it appears to work the way it should.

morrist
VDX
June 01, 2011 03:52PM
... you should have around 5Volts between GND and VCC at the IC's - if it's below 4 Volts, then your voltage breaks down below safe working conditions.

If your multimeter has a current range of 10Amps, then you can measure the drawn current directly (if it's below 10 Amps), or measure the resistance of your extruder heater (when its off!) and then the voltage between the two ends of the heater when heating.

With 'Ohms law' you can calculate the current through the heater resistor - e.g. the resistance of the heater is 3 Ohms, the measured voltage when heating can be something like 8 Volts, then the current will be calculated with "I=U/R" to roughly 2.7 Amps.

If your power connection wires are long, and you power all the electronics and heaters with the same power source, then a big voltage drop through the heater can cause a breakdown on the voltage regulators and/or the +5Volts ...

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login