Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

netduino electronics

Posted by surfsquid 
netduino electronics
May 20, 2011 10:43AM
Hi,

I'm fairly new to reprap, I've been looking around to see if anyone has used a netduino board for their reprap but can't find anyone who has. Would it be possible? I already have a netduino so if I can avoid buying another processor that'd be great.

thanks.
Re: netduino electronics
May 20, 2011 12:52PM
Seems like it should be possible if you can change it over to standard arduino+sanguino environment, and if it has enough pins. Then it's just a matter of mapping pins to the connections. Looks like you might be pin constrained on that board to me, but I am not an expert. You might check the pinout of the RAMPS shield and see if you have the correct connections available. Especially check to see if you have PWM pins available where needed(heater control lines) If you plan on breadboarding the pololus then it might be easier to get everything connected to the right pins.
Re: netduino electronics
May 20, 2011 08:33PM
Well, possible, yes, likely, no, unless you or someone else is willing and able to port one of the existing firmwares targeting Arduino, or writing one from scratch for netduino.

This may not address your question directly, but today I was made aware of a pin-compatible ARM based board called Maple. Normaly it would present the same challenge as a netduino, but the developers also created an Arduino comparable SDK so high level Arduino funtins and code will compile unmodified.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login