Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Validation of Arduino based electronics

Posted by bobt 
Validation of Arduino based electronics
January 04, 2008 03:57PM
I have used the BOM for the Gen 2 electronics from the rrrf.org site and it works correctly. I got all the parts to build all of the boards that connect to the arduino for both the dual and single processor systems. I have hooked up the stepper motor card to the arduino and it tests just like the documentation say it does. YAHHHHHH!!!!!

Bob Teeter
"What Box?"
Re: Validation of Arduino based electronics
January 04, 2008 04:25PM
wahooo!!! thats awesome =)
January 04, 2008 04:31PM
Way to go! I screwed up my bom and didnt order enough diodes, so I can only move one axis at a time till they come in.
January 04, 2008 04:40PM
Just one note about the BOM order. If you did not have enough small plastic bags, you will after building all the boards.

Bob Teeter
"What Box?"
January 04, 2008 05:05PM
Does mouser not ship tape reels? I was surprised how much packaging they waste shipping everything loose.
January 04, 2008 06:22PM
Yea, when i got my parts, i was set for the year with random little plastic bags!!

Jay
January 04, 2008 06:28PM
If you order 5 resistors of a set size then those 5 resistors will be put in a bag and labeled to fill the order. This will have to be done this way because I can not really see buy 1 reel of 2500 resistors to get the 5 I need. Unfortunately. It is the nature of the beast. All items must be accounted for on an order and multiple people may be pulling parts of one order. So each item is a separate baggy and dump it all in one box. But then again I really like the little baggies. Now how do recycle 50 million little baggies. I really want to build lots of RepRaps/RepStraps.

Bob Teeter
"What Box?"
January 04, 2008 06:34PM
put stuff in them? I get loads for my electronics supplier here in the UK, I put project parts in them if I'm shelving the project for a little while...
January 04, 2008 06:58PM
digikey cuts reels to length, maybe its just the part numbers on the bom importer
January 04, 2008 10:35PM
The diode's for the Stepper Motor board had been on a reel. But all the resistor and caps appeared to be individual parts. Even if they had a better system I would not expect the price to go down as they must compete in the current market now. So chasing to save 1 cent on 30 parts (ie. $0.30) just does not add up in a $500.00 project if they no longer provide the selection of the parts needed. It was real nice just to DROP the BOM in the web page and have the order spring to life. Is that close enough for any of the biologist in the group. (ie. Darwin and such).

Bob Teeter
"What Box?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login