Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Controller board with Extruder & 4-axis control.

Posted by jason1989 
Controller board with Extruder & 4-axis control.
November 01, 2017 05:04AM
Good day,

I am trying to find the a controller board that is able to run a 4-axis machine as well as controll a 3D printer extruder.

This machine is designed to be a hybrid (4-axis milling machine/3d printer).

X-Axis
Y-Axis
Z-Axis
A-Axis
Extruder 1 or 2 (Second extruder not important)

Any help or recommendations would be great.

Best regards
VDX
Re: Controller board with Extruder & 4-axis control.
November 01, 2017 06:02AM
... [reprap.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 02, 2017 03:37AM
AFAIK, there is no firmware yet to control a 4 axis CNC in our 3D printer univers.
I'm afraid you'd have to program the kinematics for a rotating axis yourself. My best bet is the Duet3D.com board with RepRapFirmware.

Will you drive the XY-axis via belt or leadscrew? IMHO, the first is not suited for heavy milling, the latter is to slow for 3D printing sad smiley
November 02, 2017 03:48AM
RepRapFirmware can control up to 9 axes plus extruders. We have users with 4- and I think also 5-axis 3D printers. However, support in RRF for GCodes used in CNC machines but not 3D printers is rather limited at present. We're working on this, so if you can tell us which CNC-specific GCodes you need, they might make it into the next firmware release.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login