Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS SBASE V1.3 change Stepper Drivers

Posted by Tryptamine 
MKS SBASE V1.3 change Stepper Drivers
September 13, 2017 02:31PM
Hello guys,
i am planning on building a Hypercube EVO.
I want to use a 32 Bit Board with TMC2100 for at least X- and Y.

I found The MKS SBASE v1.3 for really good prices (a smoothieboard clone: [de.aliexpress.com])
It comes with preinstalled DRV8825 drivers but as i said i want to use TMC drivers.

Is there a way to run them anyway?
I noticed a 4 Pin Output on the board in front of every driver, is this to attach another Stepper driver?
If not, is it possible to unsolder the installed drivers and solder TMCs?
When i do that, can i only switch the X- and Y drivers to TMC or do i have to change them all?

I also found the AZSMZ ARM pretty cheap, is this board good (maybe better?) and can it be used with the TMCs? (https://de.aliexpress.com/item/New-Version-AZSMZ-32bit-ARM-based-controller-3D-printers-CNC-Machines-Laser-cutters-Like-Azteeg-x5/32421892934.html)

I tried to google for a long time but did not find anything at all. I hope some of you can help me.

Huge thanks in advance!

Greetings,
Florian
Re: MKS SBASE V1.3 change Stepper Drivers
September 13, 2017 11:49PM
Possibly out of your price range, but have you considered the Duet WiFi or Duet Ethernet, both of which have built-in TMC2660 drivers? [www.duet3d.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2017 11:52PM by dc42.

Delta printer calibration calculator, mini IR Z probe, and colour touch screen control panel: [escher3d.com]

Large delta printer, and other 3D printer blog postings: [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]

Disclosure: I have a financial interest in sales of the Panel Due, Mini IR height sensor, and Duet WiFi/Duet Ethernet [www.duet3d.com].
September 14, 2017 06:05AM
Yeah i have considered them but as you say, pretty much out of my price range. I'd rather not use the TMCs as pay 100+€
September 14, 2017 08:29AM
You can buy external drivers, that are much better than the TMC2100 and connect them to the output pin header.
Or you buy a RADDS and simply plug the TMC drivers in the sockets.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login