Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rambo Mini issue

Posted by sTon 
Rambo Mini issue
July 09, 2017 07:19AM
Hello,
I am upgrading my self made Prusa i2 from ramps 1.4 to the UltiMachines Mini-Rambo 1.3. However I am experiencing some issues connecting to the board to Arduino IDE. The following mistake pops up:

In file included from sketch\pins.h:127:0,

from sketch\Conditionals.h:260,

from sketch\Configuration_adv.h:659,

from sketch\Configuration.h:940,

from sketch\Marlin.h:48,

from sketch\M100_Free_Mem_Chk.cpp:43:

sketch\pins_MINIRAMBO.h:115:0: warning: "KILL_PIN" redefined

#define KILL_PIN 32

^

sketch\pins_MINIRAMBO.h:110:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define KILL_PIN -1 // 80 with Smart Controller LCD

^

what does it mean ? How can I fix it ?
Thanks
Stoyan
Re: Rambo Mini issue
July 09, 2017 07:52AM
It means in the file pins_MINIRAMBO.h

on line 110 you have
#define KILL_PIN -1 // 80 with Smart Controller LCD

but on line 115 you have
#define KILL_PIN 32

One of these lines needs to be removed.

But this was just a warning, it should have still compiled
July 11, 2017 12:15PM
Hey Dust,
Thank you very much, it resolved the problem. However I can not connect to my Mini-Rambo. When I first tried it out I mixed the cables and connected the power supply to the output of the board. I checked the fuses and I did not blow any of them. Is there something that I am missing. Why I can not reach the board ?
Best regards
Stoyan smiling smiley
July 11, 2017 06:22PM
Output of the board? I presume you mean the mosfet output as it has the same plugs

I have no idea what that would have done, looking at the circuit you might be lucky, looks like they put protection in it to stop that sort of thing destroying the board.

What do you mean you cannot connect to it? with a printer control program or the ardunio ide?

Does your computer detect it when you plug it it?

Does it get assigned a com port?

If windows does the device manager show any errors?

You did see the line "MiniRambo you must connect power to the Primary Power input for RAMBo to operate. The USB connection is isolated from the rest of the board and cannot be a power source."

So if you just plug in the usb you will see a serial device, as it powers the usb/serial converter, but this will not power up the atmel2560 processor. It needs power on the B power input

July 13, 2017 08:28AM
Yes the mosfet outpit of the board. I can see the board as CON 7 (as I snipped in the 1st uploaded picture) however on the Arduino IDE comes this massage:

C:\Users\Stoyan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\U8glib\utility\u8g_rot.c:48:1: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
u8g_dev_t u8g_dev_rot = { u8g_dev_rot_dummy_fn, NULL, NULL };
^
C:\Users\Stoyan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\U8glib\utility\u8g_rot.c:48:1: warning: (near initialization for 'u8g_dev_rot.dev_fn')
Bootloader file specified but missing: C:\Users\Stoyan\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\rambo\hardware\avr\1.0.0\bootloaders\stk500boot_v2_mega2560.hex
Sketch uses 87750 bytes (34%) of program storage space. Maximum is 258048 bytes.
Global variables use 3764 bytes of dynamic memory.
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

and I can not connect to the board in PRONTERFACE. Only the orange LED on the board blinks from time to time.
Stoyan
July 13, 2017 10:58PM
There should also be a green power LED

Do you have power plugged into power input B?

Is the fuse F3 intact?

NB there are no photos attached to any of these messages.. so cant see this com7 your showing...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2017 11:07PM by Dust.
July 14, 2017 07:28AM
I added a second power supply on the input B and that was the issue. I had wired it wrong. It works now all LEDs blink, I connected to the board from PRONTERFACE and uploaded from Arduino IDE. Now the warnings in the code and connecting all the motors sensors are left.
Attachments:
open | download - recognise.PNG (50.3 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login